E3.cable has been designed for the development of electronic systems and their internal connectivity. It is an integrated, logic-oriented, Windows based solution for complete documentation of all wiring, cables and wire harnesses.
With E3.cable, block diagrams can be created, which provide an overview of all electrical and electronic elements. Interconnections of functional modules can be designed using single wires, shielded or twisted cables, or cable harnesses.
- Includes all E3.schematic functionality
- Automatic selection of mating and connector pin terminals
- Create dynamic cables including shielded and twisted
- Distributed block diagrams (Black Boxes)
- Views of connectors, cables and pins
- Documentation graphics
- Import of PCB design data
- Interface for CNC wire manufacturing machines and 3D Harness Design Systems
The system documentation is like all E3.series documents, always correct. Regardless of where a modification may have been made, everything is synchronised online.
E3.formboard: Creation of Nailboard Displays
To support the custom wire and cable harness market, the E3.series offers E3.formboard. This additional E3.series integrated module has been designed for the creation of nailboard displays required in producing wire and cable harnesses.
For the manufacturing of wire harnesses a scaled 1:1 drawing is necessary. The Formboard drawing is used to create the harness and to fix the individual branches.
E3.formboard makes it possible for you to create connector tables automatically, graphically display manufacturing and displayed lengths, apply automatic stretching and compressing to cables, as well as rotate cable branches. As with all other modules in the E3.series, the displayed view data of an object in a project with E3.formboard is always consistent with the schematic and additional documents.
- Define the manufacturing length definition on any segment
- Automatically adjust segment adjustment
- Predefine adjustment direction
- Create dynamic connector tables
- Easily rotate branches
- Carry-out wire assignment in connector tables
- Addition of cable protection (e.g. shrinking tubes) and fasteners
- Addition of nail points and branch attributes
- The formboard drawing is like all E3.series documents, always correct. Regardless of where a modification may have been made, everything is synchronised online.